add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

I've listened and so far, it's been a good PSU. I've checked it regularly and monitored the voltage. It's been steady and the PSU isn't even running very hot. I've read alot of negative reviews on Newegg about it that oddly showed up shortly after I bought it. Before I bought it, nothing but glowing reviews.

I only use user reviews as a baseline for decision making, usually going with the ones that seem most knowledgeable when making a judgement call on hardware.

That being said, I'll upgrade the PSU eventually. Thing is, it's hard to find 1000 watts on the cheap that has any kind of a good track record. Out of what was available at the time of purchase, this was the best bang for least buck.

To be perfectly honest, PSU's are a crap shoot because even the highest rated, most expensive and reliable PSU can go up in a poof of smoke at a moment's notice. It's all about that Silicone lottery at the end of the day.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Well the best of lucky then. But be careful because coolmax isnt the most reliable brand. And thats true with the silicon lottery.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Not going to argue with that at all. I didn't pay much for the PSU and I do want something better, but prices have to come down or my pay has to go up first. I do thank everyone here for their advice, the one near flame war not withstanding, LoL.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Bought a new PSU which will be coming in the mail in a few days - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438030

Good choice?

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah its not bad, but for your build I would go with something like a 220 G2 750 watt PSU from EVGA or if this PSU can handle it, a 220 GS 650 watt from EVGA. I'm only recommending EVGA because their power supplies are inexpensive and cheap, yet deliver great performance. But the PSU you ordered is fine and will support your build for however long you keep it.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it's an EVGA PSU, so it should do me just fine. 850 Watt B2 that came highly recommended, plus it's inexpensive and gives me full wattage. I think the PSU I currently have is giving me a bottleneck and not providing the full range of wattage it's supposed to.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube