add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

So both are pretty similar in comparison? I would then go down to support for each card. I love Nvidia Shadowplay and the GeForce Experience updater is great for games! I am still figuring out the support my the AMD side of things with my girlfriends card but you have to remember it is a 270X and not a R9 290X so performance will be much greater. It's up to you and your budget too.

One big advantage to think about is the 4GB of Memory the R9 290X comes with while the 780ti only has 3GB. I have a 2GB 770 and it handles 2 monitors no problem so if you plan on running anything more than 2 monitors the extra Memory will come in handy!

I'm glad I can help! I did months of price comparing and benchmark planning for my girlfriends build and also for my own build. Comparing GPU's and CPU's together. To produce the best out come for my situation! Do the same for yourself and your build!

Any further comments you have I would be glad to help and give you some suggestions! :D

Have a good night and good Friday!

-Sawyer

• 68 months ago
  • 0 points

SO .... i have a problem again . About the feature that both card offer are great . so nVidia have shadow play and GPU Boost 2.0 and Physic X , that all is great i love those feature . but what attracting me from AMD is MANTLE . The new API , which make the AMD graphic Card run very well . so consider the MANTLE API will populate in future game . i started to wondering.Should i get R9 290X or GTX 780 TI . And im only gaming on single 1920P X 1080P monitor . But games like WATCH_DOG and Battlefield 4 require 3 GB GDDR5 memory , which both card will handle great . So im not concerning about the GDDR memory. Sorry for so many question :P

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Well first, games like Watch_Dogs and Battlefield 4 don't require 3GB of Memory from your GPU. It will help for sure but I have a 2GB GPU and BattleField 4 runs perfectly on it.

So this was another fact to consider in that you want to play games that can take advantage of Mantle! This is a good thing! Also if you want to record your game play you can always use OBS to record directly to your HDD so Nvidia's ShadowPlay isn't a huge deal.

The R9 R290X will definitely help and like the 780ti will be future proof. So if you wanted to get a second monitor both cards could defiantly handle both.

The only other question I have is budget. The 780ti is in some parts $100 more than the 290X.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :D

• 68 months ago
  • 0 points
  • 68 months ago
  • 2 points

Well...what do you want to improve! :D It is a beast system for gaming but what would you want to improve? Try to find something cheaper? Do you have a specific budget or something specific you want to accomplish with the PC (Video Rendering/Streaming)? Let me know and I would be happy to help! :D

-Sawyer

• 68 months ago
  • -1 points

USD 1760 is my budget . I wont use this PC for video rendering or video editing . i just want ultimate gaming experience out for this budget . maybe ill try overclocking my CPU . or doing some streaming.i hope u can help me find what kind of 780 TI and what part of the list can be improve . cuz i am a beginner , so i would like some suggestion

is i7 worth it in my situation ?? i was afraid of my i5 wont powerful enough for handle future gaming

should i try AMD FX 8350 ?

thanks for reply me :D

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

So the i5 will be more than powerful enough for future use. The only thing if you wanted to go to an i7 is if you wanted to do a heavy amount of video editing or rendering/streaming. The i5 will handle streaming just fine and some video editing but the times for rending will be longer.

Here is what I came up with this buidl that totals to $1720. This has an i5 and a great Mobo. Also the 780ti that is superclocked! This is a great build!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8FjRwP

For AMD's side of things I came up with this which, totals to $1689. The H100i is a great cooler and will help control the heat that all AMD CPU's are known for. The SSD is fantastic and the 2TB HDD will store all your games perfectly. I kept the GPU the same because I still think the 780ti will be the best bet for the budget!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pD9wmG

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions ask away! :D

-Sawyer

• 68 months ago
  • 0 points

thanks for the list , im very happy wif the list

BUT.... more question 1)does the speed of RAM effect FPS in Game ?? 2)i heard h100i's fan that come with it is noisy 3)450D vs Phanteks Enthoo pro ?? 4)will reference model , blower style noisy ?? (but i like the look of reference , maybe i will choose reference 780 TI :/

im a silent freak , so i prefer everything cool and quiet

and i have Window 8.1 pro 64Bit at my house , so i dont need window . use the USD 100 in other uses

:D thanks for replying !

• 68 months ago
  • 0 points

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TjmNYJ

after seeing your part list i have modify mine list a little bit

i have changes the ACX to reference i still prefer NZXT x61 :P i have change my RAM to sniper , but at 1866MHz clock speed i have change MSI z97 GAMING 7 to GAMING 5 i have chnage my SSD from HYPER X to SAMSUNG EVO i have change the power supply to 650W (Corsair RM650)

But i still stuck at Enthoo PRO or 450D

still need your opinion :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube