add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It is all about the surface adhesion. You could put 100 coats on something with bad adhesion and it would come off. I am thinking it might be the case material texture as it was fine on the rads that were smooth

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

Its about surface are. A textured surface has a much greater surface area. giving the coating more adhesion per sq cm . The existing case is powdercoated not painted etching to powdercoat can be tough.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I was try by to say. Thanks for clarifying it like I couldn't.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

texture holds paint better, that's why its usually better to sand whatever you're going to spraypaint, so that logic is kinda backwards haha. It probably had to do with the material the rads are made of and the kind of spray you used, adhesion varies between substances. But textured is better 9/10 times

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

To a rough texture it will stick better yes, but the inside of the case was like a hammered texture and it all could not be scuffed because of the little divets is what I am saying.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Gotcha. My case is a Define R6, it scuffed up where the top radiator plate lays down on the frame, the PSU shroud edge, some of the areas around fans and I/O slots, even the outside of the frame, etc. A shame really.

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah there is really no reason it should not have stuck to the scuffed up surface unless it somehow had contamination on it. Most things I have scuffed have held paint.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube