add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 25 months ago
  • 5 points

I've been upgrading this computer since one year. Both CPU has been upgraded twice: I used to have a pair of E5-2620V3 (that I got for a dirt cheap), then a pair of E5-2667V3 ES, and finally a pair of E5-2696V4. The pair of E5-2667V3 ES was quite good, but I was hesitating about switching to AMD with the 1950X, a good overclocking and a smaller case. Problem: the resale price of both E5-2667V3 ES and the motherboard was low, so I've been hesitated for some month.

Then, while I was searching some parts on Ebay, I saw the Xeon E5-2696V4 for 1150$. This CPU is exactly the same as the E5-2699 V4, but with 100mhz more in turbo frequency. I finally decided to take a pair of them because: - it's a long-term purchase, so I took the best at the time of purchase. - when using a small amount of core, the frequency is quite good (3,700 MHz 1 core, 3,400 MHz 4 cores, 3,000 MHz 8 core, ,2,800 MHz 22 cores) - I use some softwares that can take advantage of a lot of cores (DXO Photolabs)

(I hope my english is clear enough, I speak natively french)

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, cool, un francais! Beau travail sur cette machine, c'est bien réussi!

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

You speak English much better than I can speak French lol.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube