add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're going to get a wider case, buy this cooler instead: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hmtCmG/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2

Same price, better performance. The C7 was just to fit into the smaller case. I personally use the 212 Evo. Set on silent mode, it's almost dead quiet and keeps my i5-4690k under 40C on idle. Some may recommend the H7, but the 212 Evo is a good midrange cooler that actually cools to a lower tempature.

Just a warning though, the 212 Evo is very large (takes up most of the space over the MoBo on my AsRock H97M Pro4. Hard to reach cables and stuff with this sucker!) and kind of a pain in the butt to install if you aren't familiar with how to do it.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

ok, I have a spare h100i v2 laying around after I put a new cooler in my main PC, I might just give him that, even though it is way overkill for a pentium.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube