add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It will be compatible because all the new Kaby Lake processor are backwards compatible. Now with that board you wouldn't be able to over clock so it wouldn't make much sense to get the K version when you wont be able to take advantage of the CPU's overclocking feature. Also you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the new features offered by Kaby Lake new 200 series board. If is just to get you up and running because you already own that motherboard and you just want to have the latest processor and plan to upgrade your board in the future I'll say go for it. But if you're starting from scratch get a 200 series mother board with the right chipset for that i5 7600k. Ill recommend an ASUS PRIME Z270M-PLUS since you're going with an i5 7600k or an ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G. Good luck!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the help but i chose to stick with the i5-6600k and ill just overclock that

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Anytime, enjoy it!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube