add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 42 months ago
  • 3 points

I dont have a fan in the lower fan slot and yet I still feel air coming out from the front intake fans. I think the key is getting front fans that are pressure tuned like you would use on a radiator.

Im not looking at the BH2 right now but if there is any hope of that it for sure would need to be slim 15mm fans. I didnt even bother because I didnt want them interrupting the air flow from the front fans; potentially starving the gpu. Instead, I switched the venting on the top to be more on the GPU side so the video has exhaust vents. The top cover is reversible so no modding necessary.

I really think the arrangement I have is most ideal. The lower fan I would probably only consider if I had two 3.5" hard drives down there but man that would be a cable management nightmare.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok that sounds good. Didn't know the top cover was reversible. I plan to use cougar vortex pvm for the front fans they seem to have great cfm, static pressure at low acoustic levels

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

They seem like good fans, should work nicely.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, I didn't know you were using static pressure fans. I was going to buy air flow case fans to directly hit the CPU & part of the GPU.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I like using pressure fans 90% of the time. I have seen too many times that even a dust filter lowers air flow dramatically on airflow fans. This case doesnt have a dust filter, but there are no exhaust fans either so I wanted to make sure I used pressure fans here.

While I usually always use pressure fans, I sometimes use them for exhaust.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the tips! I didn't know that filters would substantially restrict airflow fans. I'm still thinking about it but I think I will go with an aftermarket cooling gpu after all. Seems like this case has good enough airflow and I'm not looking to get a powerful card like the "FTW" edition.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

No worries man, happy to help. Yeah a normal 1080 will be just fine. I wanted the larger fans of the FTW but since the card is wider Im not sure if it cancels out the larger fans....meaning there is less room for air to move around the card compared to a standard width card. I had a Titan Xp in this case and it looked tiny lol

I am considering a quick easy "mod" to the side panel windows. Temps are about 8C lower on the GPU with the top cover off, I mean with it on the GPU temps are still very good especially since mine is at 1920mhz-1960mhz but I am tempted to try screen door mesh in place of the solid window. I have it here so we will see if it looks good.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll be getting the same Asus motherboard as you. I'm reading the manual online and I see the chassis fan headers are towards the back. Were you able to connect the fans with both or did you use the one near the PCIe slot & used a splitter?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube