add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

The thing with the cable you had linked is that is a type 3 cable. You'll need a type 4 for the SF600. Corsair should have them available for purchase soon. Does the included daisy chained cable not reach far enough? the length does limit how far away each drive can be from each other but should be adequate for the Nano S unless you plan on spacing them out over the inner surface area of the case. I would suggest doing as I did and keep them on the same side of the case so you can put one behind the wall and one in the main compartment, or both in the main compartment. You could always mode the case if need be. I'd be interested to know how it goes for you. :-)

[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya. could always go molex to sata

[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I feel you on the length. Nearly killed my build. I even modded the power supply bracket to push the psu into the case by 0.5in to generate some cable slack for the 24pin. Corsair needs to get on it with the type4 cable availability. I'll be keeping mine and might I suggest you do too. The RMi series uses type 4 cables and I know that CableMod makes custom sleeved sets for the RMi which might work. I have yet to do the research on it, though. I'll do so and get back to you with what I find. Have you already sold it?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I've also contacted Cable Mod on compatibility. I should hear fro them soon. Don't give up on the SF! Power supplies are way larger than they need to be and the more of these little guys we use, the smaller they will make them!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube