add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I have. The g4400 wins. Plus it has a real upgrade path. The 860k has no L3 cache and therefore falls short on game performance. With an L3 cache it would be an awesome performer, but sadly it isn't.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, I though you meant g3258 lol

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

That still beats the 860k in lots of games, the g4400 is just a bit better.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

oh ok

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

It depends on the game, the 860k performs better on games like Fallout 4, GTA, and games that like more cores. The 860k really isn't as bad as people say it is.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah but it's nowhere nearly as good as people say either. Those are 2 games where the 860k does decently but the majority of other games it falls behind. Simply not a good option in this day and age. Also due to the fact that it has no upgrade path. My real issue is that it's not any better, and in some cases is actually worse, than the 7 year old phenom 2 x4 series. These chips have an L3 cache and beat the 860k in most all games, have 4 cores, and have an upgrade path to an fx8350 later on. For the same price as an 860k and a cheap board, you can get a used phenom 2 x4 and a good 970 chipper motherboard. You get better performance than the 860k and an upgrade path for less money. Because of that the 860k makes no sense. I never recommend it personally.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube