add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I am right there with you, holding out hope.

The new AM3+ motherboards are irritating me, they have added M.2 support which requires PCIe 3.0 that AM3+ does not support. AMD is leaving it up to the motherboard makers to figure out how they will work it. So far most are planning on forcing M.2 on to 4 PCIe 2.0 lanes which would be half as fast as it should be so its really lying to you about support. FM2+ is also adding M.2 support but the socket supports PCIe 3.0 so it is nothing but good there.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9927/amd-announces-a107890k-apu-and-upgrades-desktop-platforms

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

From what I've read they are moving everything to AM4 which is not compatible with the other/older sockets.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Q4 of 2016 for CPU and Q1 2017 for APU yes, the zen architecture. But from what I understand they are releasing one last wave of AM3+ and FM2+ motherboards. Along with one last FM2+ APU. I am really excited for the new AM4 socket, but we will have to see what they do with it in the coming months. Plan to see a AM4 build from me when it comes out, even if it is just a budget one. :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube