- Charity:Water Completion Report #8
- ASUS STRIX X299-E Gaming / Inwin 805 Infinity Build
- Fractal Design Define C TG / MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon Live Build
- X399 Build - ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME / Threadripper 1950X
- Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5t Live Build
- Fractal Design Focus G Live Build
- Corsair Carbide SPEC-04 Live Build
- Charity:Water Completion Report #7
- BitFenix Portal / MSI Z270 / GTX 1080 Ti mITX Live Build
- ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Build
- Inwin 901 Mini ITX Live Build
- $1600 Gaming PC Build - ASRock X370 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 / Ryzen 7 1700
- Asus CROSSHAIR VI HERO / AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Live Build
- $1250 Gaming PC Build - ASUS STRIX B250F Gaming / i5-7500
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX Live Stream Build
- Kaby Lake Build - Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 / i7-7700K
- Kaby Lake Build - MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon / i5-7600K
- MSI Pick Your Dream Holiday PC Giveaway
- $1500 Gaming PC Build
- Build Troubleshooting Live Stream
- Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Live Build
- Corsair Crystal 460X RGB Live Build
- NZXT S340 Elite Build and Giveaway
- $560 Entry Level Gaming Build
- Fractal Design Define Mini C Gaming PC Build
- $1000 Great Gaming Build
- Fractal Design Gaming PC Giveaway
- Live Stream: MSI X99A and GTX 1080 VR Gaming Build
- Charity:Water Completion Report #6
- Live Gaming Performance with Overwatch
- $1200 Content Creator Build
- Live Stream: $600 Entry Level Gaming Build
- Charity:Water Completion Report #5
- Asus Q&A Live Stream
- Dreamhack Austin 2016
- Live Stream: Philip's Dreamhack Build
- NZXT Hue+ Unboxing With Johnny Hou
- $730 Office/Productivity Live Build
- MSI B150M Mortar Live Build
- PCPartPicker / Corsair Q&A Live Stream
- Xeon Graphic Design Live Build
- Fractal Design Define S Build
- $700 Core i5-4460 Gaming Build Video
- $650 FX-6300 / GTX 960 Build
- 30TB NAS Build Live Stream
- NZXT S340 Razer Edition Build
- Dual Xeon Rendering Build Live Stream
- Custom Cable Sleeving - Part 1 - Extensions
- HTPC Software Install Guide - Windows 10 / Kodi / PowerDVD
- A10-7870K / GD09B HTPC Build
- Skylake / Z170 Build #2
- Skylake / Z170 Build #1
- Asus PCDIY / PCPartPicker Live Stream
- AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Released
- AMD Radeon R9 / R7 300 Series Released
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Released
- AMD A10-7870K Godavari Release And Build Livestream
- Charity:Water Completion Report #3
- Multi-CPU Support, ECC, Registered RAM & More
- Updated September Build Guides
- NZXT S340 Build
- Colossus Micro Thermal Benchmarking
- September Build Guides
- Amazon Prime Support Added
- Micro Center Bundle Support Added
- Welcome Aboard Daniel Harding and Jack Followay, Jr.
- The Rapidly Rising Cost Of RAM
- Saved Part List Permalinks And Comments
- Parametric Price Alerts
- New Part Categories: Case Fans, Thermal Paste, Speakers, And Wired/Wireless Network Interfaces
- Let's Talk: PCPartPicker Discussion Forums Now Available
- Intel Xeon E3 Series CPU Support Added (With Compatibility Guidance)
- Support For Favorites, Case / Motherboard USB 3.0 Compatibility Added
- Price Comparisons With Sales Tax
- New Integrated Power Supply Calculator, Power Supply Efficiencies
- Support For Sound Cards Added
- Site Improvements And Feature Updates
- PCPartPicker T-Shirts For Sale To Benefit Charity:Water
- Thank You - From Side Project to Full Time
- SSD vs. HDD Boot Time Comparison
- Intel Core i5-2500K / GeForce GTX 680 Build
- Intel Pentium G620 / NZXT Source 210 Build
July 26, 2012
I have rolled out some improvements and feature updates to the site recently in the following areas:
- Commenting Support
- Better Image Galleries
- Completed Builds Revamp
Read on to find out more...
I've done a good bit of revamping of the completed build section. There's more fun stuff to come here, but I figured I'd go ahead and mention what I've already pushed live:
- Easily browse completed builds -- Now you can easily browse users completed builds, with filters for CPU, GPU, Case, etc.
- A Reddit Markup button (like with part lists) that will format your completed build with part list, links to the pictures, your description, as well as any specifications/temperatures/benchmark results you added. As the markup language is the same as reddit, all your description text formatting will carry over automatically when posting your build complete message on /r/buildapc.
- Voting and commenting - vote completed builds up/down, leave comments, etc.
- Ability to document your overclocking amount, temperatures, 3DMark score, etc.
- Completed build part lists can now be edited/changed
- Like completed builds, your saved builds can now be edited/changed.
- (Coming soon) The ability to annotate saved builds with notes.
- Reddit-style comments are live on the site. All completed builds and part pages can now be commented on.
- Like on Reddit, if someone replies to one of your comments, you'll see a blue envelope with the "inbox" count next to your username in the header. Same applies if someone comments on your completed build.
- (Coming soon, like hopefully later today) If you have a completed build, it'll show up as a badge next to your username on your comments.
- Image galleries for parts and completed builds should be considerably nicer now. (No more loading every image in a separate tab, but a proper image browser finally.)
- Not a feature, so to speak, but stickers are finally available. Three different kinds: (sample picture)
- I will happily send them to you for free (including internationally), or you can buy them from the new PCPartPicker store. The benefit to buying them instead of for free is that, like the T-shirts, 100% of the proceeds go to benefit Charity:Water.
Also Coming Very Soon
- The ability to enter prices for custom parts (and have their links show up)
- Mark parts as favorites so that they always percolate to the top of the list
- Mark parts as owned so that their prices are not counted toward your part list total.
I have many more changes on the way. I'm just coming to the end of week four of doing this full-time, so there are many suggestions I'm still trying to get worked into the site. Thanks so much for all the feedback so far!