Gaming PC build for 2012. Several points to address:
- Please note that this was a 2012 build. I've not changed the components since then and in fact is using it right now to edit this build description. The main reason for me creating this build is to see how much prices for my parts have fluctuated over time to influence the PC value.
- I've opted out of the Nvidia 700 series due to the chipset being too close to the 600 series. Once the 800 family is released in 2015 then I will consider retiring the 680s.
- I included Windows 7 Ultimate for record-keeping purposes only. If you feel that the OS price (~$425) inflates the overall build price-tag too much, feel free to subtract it from the grand total and make a decision.
- I purchased the 500GB SSD only after realizing that the 2TB HDD was simply not fast enough. I am considering adding a secondary 2-4TB drive and/or increasing the grand backup storage to 8TB. I am nearing my storage limit for the 2TB drive and find that I have to continue deleting files at times.
- As always, I am taking criticism and suggestions for upgrade potentials. Please share all thoughts you've got!
- Also, if you have any benchmark requests, I own the majority of new AAA games and will be more than happy to provide results for you if I can.
- For a brief snapshot of FPS benched with Heaven 3.x/4.0 and with various Nvidia driver releases, go here: http://i.imgur.com/GzoIp50.png