Hi everyone! This has been my main AMD build for about a year or so. It did a great job for CAD, graphics design and gaming but I sold it because of it's size and went down at MicroATX form factor (have look at my other build Senna S I have just purchased full water cooling setup for it :) ). Anyway, at the time when put the AMD together I was on a rather tight budget but result was great. I modelled the case in Solidworks and modified it slightly. Here's a log of the build:
- Day 1: Basic chassis components modeled. Color scheme chosen - Mate black and candy red;
- Day 2: More details added. Removable frame for the motherboard cad-ed, front and top panels completed, legs and various brackets - done!
- Day 3: Most accessories completed. Acrylic window added. Concept ready for painting!
- Day 4: 230mm Fans cad-ed, motherboard, radiator, Corsair cooling, SSD and HDD added to the assembly, Fan cables sleeved, power switches panel cables sleeved and the case is Back in Mate Black :)
- Day 5: XFX GPU, case dust filters, PSU - completed. Most accessories painted in red in generic red + layer of flakes. Mate black paint of the case completed, prepared for red coating tomorrow.
- Day 6: Painting of all components completed. Ready for assembling!
- Day 7: All fans sleeved, and components assembled and tested! Successful first boot of the AMD beast!
- Day 8: Extensions of the ATX power lines custom sleeved in red and black.
If you like it have a look at my current project: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/bpWXsY
It is still one of the best CPU you could get for its price! I used it for about two years. With appropriate cooler you can overclock it substantially. I primarily used it for rendering in Maya, Solidworks and Keyshot.
The best All-in-one cooler I have tried on my FX-8350. I had a large dual tower Silverstone Heligon H01 before it and the cooling improvement was great.
Because of the hot components I owned, I needed a large case with enough air volume and good airflow to keep them nice and cool. I found an rather old Cooler Master ATCS 840 in great condition very cheap. I literally disassembled, cleaned, painted and reinforced it. Excellent build quality. If you have a lot of hardware to fit in it and there is one online - get it!