- Purpose of System: Gaming, browsing net, videos - downloaded or youtube, Folding@Home, etc.
- Budget: @ Around $1200 - $1400 (or so)
- Overclocking: No.
The last system I had was a HP Pavilion Slimline s7700n. AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ (If I remember correctly), 3 GB of RAM. Couldn't play anything play past I'd think 2005, not Oblivion, not Portal, wouldn't you be a be frustrated? This new system should CRUSH the previous system.
What I wanted from a new system
- USB 2.0 & 3.0 ports, Firewire & or eSata port
- Support for DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort
- Quad Core
What software did I want to run? Pretty much any game from the past 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 decades @ the highest settings I could. I wanted to contribute to F@H, like I had done with the PS3 when I got it in 2010. Despite having a K edition CPU, I am not going to overclock for a few reasons:
- Philip should know as well as I do how bloody hot it can in Texas during the summer (39+ Celsius) for days at a time it seems.
- I personally, prefer air, two I wouldn't trust the pipes of a liquid cooling to not break or leak
- Compared to the old system and or even the PS3/Wii I have, the CPU/GPU @ stock settings should crush what either of those systems or the slimline I had could do.
Although I have the monitor listed, I don't have it yet but that is what I will eventually get. Also, I haven't started building yet, but there are pictures of the items in their case.
|CPU||Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core||$358.32||Amazon Canada|
|CPU Cooler||Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing||$31.79||DirectCanada|
|Thermal Compound||Arctic Cooling MX-2 4g||$9.99||Newegg Canada|
|Motherboard||Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB ATX LGA1155|
|Memory||G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600||$79.78||DirectCanada|
|Storage||Sandisk Extreme 120GB 2.5" SSD||$117.00||Vuugo|
|Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM||$89.99||Canada Computers|
|Video Card||PowerColor Radeon HD 7970 3GB|
|Case||Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower||$181.00||Vuugo|
|Power Supply||SeaSonic 550W ATX12V / EPS12V||$99.99||NCIX|
|Optical Drive||Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer||$19.50||Vuugo|
|Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer||$19.50||Vuugo|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full (32/64-bit)|
|Monitor||Asus PB278Q 27.0"||$549.00||Canada Computers|
|Keyboard||Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4||$54.98||Newegg Canada|
|Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor|
|CPU Clock Rate||3.5GHz|
|CPU Temperature While Idle||-|
|CPU Temperature Under Load||-|